If it’s an emergency:

  • Call 999 and ask for an ambulance or go straight to your nearest hospital’s Accident and Emergency department (A&E)

If you have concerns, please take note that your mental and physical well-being will never be a waste of anyone’s time.

If you need to make a silent call to the police from your mobile:
Don’t say anything when asked any questions, press 55 when prompted so the operator can understand that you need your call to be transferred to the police.

From a landline:
If the operator doesn’t hear your voice and can only hear background noise, they will transfer your call to the police.

Visit the Met Police website for more information.

If you’re experiencing a mental health crisis and need help and it’s not an emergency:

  • Call NHS 111 (England only) for non-emergency medical advice or use their online service
  • Get in touch with your GP to book an emergency appointment
  • Contact your local crisis resolution and home treatment team (CRHT)
  • Find a local NHS urgent mental health helpline (England only) using this online form
  • Text SHOUT to 85258 for mental health support via text messages
  • The Samaritans – call 116 123

Other services that provide support and advice:

For more information on support signposting, please visit: